Sunday, November 23, 2008

Too sweet?

Lovers' Tree 16 X 20

Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid. Jules Feiffer

I must admit this is my first red or rose coloured sky. I rarely do blue skies, usually gray, yellow, white, beige - anything but blue. My landscapes tend to earth tones, usually fairly "real". The above painting seems a tad too romantic or sugary. Hence the title. Maybe it is not the sky rather the composition or treatment of content that is mushy. I'm going to post this on WetCanvas and see what the crtics have to say... I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you are havin a good time painting again! yay. it's fun seeing what's next.