Friday, October 23, 2009

Blurb - publish your art!


Another way to spend a lot of time at the computer and not in your studio?  Make a book!  The site I used was Blurb and I created a little journal with 35 of my paintings and some cool quotes.  Here it is, you can flip through the entire book:

http://www.blurb.com/books/933831



I've come to appreciate how my record keeping and pictures files are sorely lacking.  I needed both to create the book and discovered I have no pictures of 2 pieces I've sold and have no dimensions for several others.  Some of the jpegs were really low resolution and unusable.  This could become a problem if I am suddenly important in the art world.  Uh huh.
I'll be buying a few copies of the book for friends and family once I've seen the quality of the first one I ordered today.  The colour reproductions will have to be spot on, crisp and accurate...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hennie!
I looked at your book, it looks awesome!! Nice job matching the pictures with the quotes and texts they work really well together. I like the way that you chose a variety of works. What a lovely collection of your works. Congrats!

ArtSnoop Kingston said...

This is a lovely idea - a wonderful execution.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive collection. I know the huge amount of work you put into it and it shows. Nice way to showcase your work.
Yer Sweetie