Monday, June 22, 2009

Abstract representation with Megan Hinton - Lesson 1: Line


Above, an abstracted representational photo of the Cape Cod shore by water on the windshield and HM.
A brief break in the big wind and steady rain allowed for a more traditional view of the dunes:





Greetings from Cape Cod! I am here with hubby and pooch to attend a workshop on abstract representational painting with PAAM (Provincetown Art Association and Museum). Our instructor is Megan Hinton and we are working in her new studio in Wellfleet. Today's session focused on line as one of the 5 basic elements in visual art. After a brief demonstration the group began working on a abstracted still life based on objects Megan had set up to inspire us.



Here's my work so far. Starting with line is new for me, but I like it! Megan also adds line as she works, sometimes using charcoal. I am seeing changes I want to make but this one was nice and quick.


Despite the stormy weather this is a beautiful place! A couple more photos:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH THIS LOOKS SO EXCITING, hENNIE!! LUCKY YOU! lOVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING THERE WITH LINE. FUN FUN FUN.